Breaded Pork Steaks
- Watch video
- Pork Steaks
- 4-5 lb pork butt cut into 6-8 steaks, or 6-8 pork steaks
- 1 whole French loaf, crust removed
- marinade of choice (or olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder)
- olive oil
- Mango Salsa
- 1 mango, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced with seeds removed
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1/3 large red onion, diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
If serving with mango salsa, mix all salsa ingredients together and toss. Set aside.
Marinade your pork ahead of time in a marinade of your choice. If you do not have a marinade of choice, just rub them with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder, and you will be fine! In a large pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. On one side of the pork, coat with bread crumbs. When your olive oil is heated, place them in the pan breaded side down and let them cook for about 5 minutes. About halfway through, press bread crumbs onto the un-breaded side of your pork. Sprinkle them with olive oil just before flipping, then let cook for an additional 3 minutes.
We recommend serving this with mango salsa!