Chicken and Waffles
- Watch video
- Chicken and waffles
- 10-12 chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cups Buttermilk
- Tbsp fresh thyme, or ½ tbsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp Salt and
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3-4 cups flour
- Canola oil, or any combination of vegetable oil, peanut or canola that you prefer to fry in, enough to have about an inch in your frying pan.
- Cooking spray
- Savory Waffles:
- 4 cups biscuit/pancake/waffle mix *We were calling it BisFast! Wink wink*
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary, or ½ tbsp dry rosemary
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whiskey syrup:
- 2 part honey, or to taste
- 1 part whiskey, or to taste
Lay your chicken thighs in a deep dish big enough to lay your chicken thighs in a single layer, so none are on top of each other. Pour your buttermilk mixture over your chicken and let sit in the fridge for anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours (we recommend the latter).
When you are ready to fry, pour about an inch of oil into your pan and heat on high. Once your oil is hot, CAREFULLY drop your chicken into the oil. Fry on each side for about 3-5 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown. Prepare a wire rack by placing it in a pan that can catch the drippings and spray with cooking spray. Heat oven to 350. Once your chicken is golden brown, place them on the rack. (The rack keeps the chicken crispy, because it never touches the pan). Let your chicken cook for about an hour. It will be crispy and delightful!
Mix all your waffle ingredients in a large mixing bowl and heat up your waffle maker. Spray your waffle maker and once it is hot, pour waffle mix in and make some waffles!
Mix your honey and your whiskey! Yep, that is it!
Serve this all together and be prepared for amazing savory sweet dinner!