Low Calorie Chicken Curry
- Request Video
- Curry Sauce
- 1 cup almond milk – 40 calories
- ½ tsp honey – 30 calories
- ½ tbs curry powder- 10 calories (hot if you like the heat, mild if you don't want the heat)
- Tiny splash coconut extract – 0
- 1 tbs onion soup mix – 20 calories
- Curry Chicken
- 6 oz raw chicken breast, cut into small cubes – 180 calories
- ½ cup raw onions, chopped – 32 calories
- 1 clove garlic, minced – 4 calories
- 1 ½ tsp sesame oil – 60 calories
- 3 tbs chicken stock, or water – 5 calories or 0
- ½ tbs curry powder – 10 calories
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup cooked rice – around 242 calories, depending on the type you use (feel free to follow the recipe for cilantro lime rice on the regular curry chicken recipe! It won’t add enough calories to worry about, and is ridiculously good!)
In a sauce pan, whisk together all your curry sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until it reaches its desired thickness. Give it a little taste to see if you want it hotter, because you can always add a little more curry powder if you desire. If you get it too thick, just splash in a little more almond milk or water, whisk, and remove from heat.
Cook your chicken breast in a pan with cooking spray over medium high heat, adding in onions, garlic, and sesame oil when chicken is halfway cooked. When your onions look fairly translucent and your chicken is done, add your chicken stock and curry powder. Whisk together and cook on medium high until the chicken stock has been reduced, or about 3-5 minutes.
Plate your rice and your chicken, then slather with your amazing curry sauce! This whole recipe is 633 calories, or 316.5 per serving! Pretty darn good compared to what curry usually is!